Future of AnkhSVN (Subversion for Visual Studio)
AnkhSVN 2.0 is now out with the majority of these features making the cut!
Now that AnkhSVN 1.0.3 is out with support for Visual Studio 2008 we can discuss our future plans for AnkhSVN.
Our preliminary roadmap for AnkhSVN 2.0 is:
- Improve user experience
- Refine windows, options and icons
- Localise dialogs and messages
- Support customisation of icons & menus
- Develop interactive log window
- Add keyboard support (short cuts & tab order)
- Extend integration
- Subversion 1.5 branch & merge tracking
- Subversion property editing
- Visual Studio 2005/2008 source provider model for better integration
- Foster developer participation
Switching the provider model means we have to drop Visual Studio 2003 support for 2.0 but means we get to use .NET 2.0+ features as well as a much faster and more robust mechanism for extending Visual Studio.
The timetable is quite aggressive and I’m hoping we can get quick regular builds out for people to try.