Damien Guard ("us", "we", or "our") operates the https://damieng.com website (the "Service").
Information Collection And Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected
We do not collect Personal Data on DamienG.com unless you choose to leave a comment on a page or post.
When you do so, we request:
- Your Email address, Twitter handle or GitHub user name (to display an avatar alongside your comment)
- Your name or alias (to display alongside the posted comment)
- Your website URL (optional URL to display alongside the comment)
- Your comment to display on the page or post
All comments are manually screened before publication.
You may contact us at any time to request a comment you have made be removed from the site. We will promptly remove the comment and associated Personal Data from the published site.
We are not able to remove comments from the internal management control of the site. This is a limitation imposed by the git source control system that backs DamienG.com and the majority of sites and software development services today.
Use of Data
DamienG.com uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain the Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To monitor the usage of the Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
Transfer Of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those in your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside the United States and choose to provide information to the site, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to the United States and process it there.
Disclosure Of Data
DamienG.com may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of DamienG.com
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security Of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service ("Service Providers"), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services, or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We Do Not
- Sell your data to third parties
- Use information provided to market to you
- Sign you up to mailing lists
This site uses a privately-hosted version of the open source Umami analytics package hosted on Azure. This telemetry helps me ensure the site is tailored for the readers in terms of performance, responsiveness etc. as well as what content is well-received and which is largely ignored. Any data your browser provides is private, never shared with a third-party nor aggregated with any other kind of browsing source (which is why this is a lot nicer than Google Analytics).
Links To Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 ("Children").
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without parental consent, we remove that information from our servers.
- By email: [email protected]