Colour schemes for Visual Studio
The default syntax colour/color scheme in Visual Studio seems to be stuck in the 16-colour era so once you’ve found your perfect font you are going to need a great theme to go with it.
Here is the theme I’m currently using at home (currently on a 42″ 1900×1200 LCD TV until I can find space for my monitor) that a couple of people have asked for.
To to take full advantage of this theme you will need to download:
Alternatively you could remap it to your coding font of choice (but you won’t get italics because of limitations within the Visual Studio IDE).
Download Humane Studio theme (2KB, 14 Oct 2007)
Head to Humane Studio at Studio Styles for VS 2010
To use simply unpack the zip file and go to Tools > Import and Export Settings from Visual Studio (2005 and later).
Humane is now available for TextMate & Xcode 3.
If this scheme doesn’t appeal to you then why not try:
- Thomas Restrepo’s schemes (dark backgrounds, my favourites)
- Scott Hanselman’s scheme (dark background)
- Scott Hanselman’s list of themes
- Jeff Atwood’s schemes (dark & grey backgrounds)
- IDE Hot or Not (many schemes)
- Rob Conery’s port of Vibrant Ink