My name is Damien Guard and I grew up on the small picturesque island of Guernsey located off the coast of northern France. (Yes, it's where the cows come from)
I have been developing software since 1983 when I would learn on the school Acorn BBC Micros by day and my own Sinclair ZX Spectrum by night. I moved on to developing commercial & internet banking, e-commerce, device drivers, databases, intranets, extranets, Windows apps, content management and many other cool things.
I am currently working on next generation developer tooling.
Some previous career highlights include:
- Auth0 as a principal on developer experience and SDKs.
- GitHub working on the Atom editor.
- MKG Marketing as their site developer and tech consultant.
- Centurylink Cloud - Principal engineer working on cloud product as well as a stint on the analytics team
- Attack Pattern - Chief Technical Officer for a Silicon Valley start-up creating apps for Western Digital, Microsoft, Xbox, Pinger and the Bluetooth SIG
- Netflix - Senior Engineer on the .NET based platforms. That includes web video player, Windows Phone 7x and Windows 8 apps
- Xbox - Senior Engineer on Xbox web marketplace and broader services across xbox.com including security and JSON APIs for Windows 8
- Microsoft - Working on LINQ to SQL and Entity Framework object-relational mappers, one of the original guys behind Code First
- Ricoh - Development of the international distributor extranet ordering system (1998) and subsequent expansion
Before moving to the USA I was actively involved in the Guernsey Software Developer Forum where I gave a number of talks on subjects such as Subversion, Web Application Security and Microsoft's Language Integrated Query (LINQ). I returned to Guernsey in 2020.
I hold a BSc degree in Computer Science (1st with Honours) and you can email me.
Thanks for reading,