Envy Code (programming)
Specifically designed for programmers with clean distinct monospaced characters.
- Envy Code R - scalable extensively hinted in regular, bold and italic.
- Envy Code A - bitmapped tight spacing 7pt-12pt in regular and bold.
- Envy Code B - bitmapped relaxed spacing 9pt-10pt in regular, bold, italic and bold italics.
These were just done for a bit of fun using iFontMaker on the iPad.
- Damien Typewriter the mean fusion of American Typewriter meets Comic Sans?
- Damien Vertical a vertically straight hand-drawn typeface
FontStruct is a great tool for putting together block-based fonts. I’ve developed a few there:
- Broadway tiny 1920’s broadway sign inspired
- Curvature weird curved experiment
- Doty Matrix retro font created for an ill-fated game
- Gateaux tall and thin font with flowing style
- Lickable5 small 5x5 pixel font with additional points to force aliasing
- Magic5 small 5x5 pixel monospaced font also available in bold
- Point ‘n Click proportional font that should look good in point ‘n click adventures
- SixByFourPro small 6x4 pixel proportional font
- Subpixel5 small 5x5 pixel proportional font that fakes sub-pixels for anti-aliasing
- Tiny small 5x3 pixel proportional font
ZX Origins (bitmap 8x8)
ZX Origins is a large collection of fonts that all started life as 8x8 pixel monospaced fonts on the Sinclair ZX Spectrum now being repackaged in a variety of formats.
Modern interpretations or takes on older fonts.
- WarGames font inspired by how their screens looked enlarged in some shots
Alternatively check out my complete list of FontStruct creations.
System fonts (monospaced)
- Acorn Archimedes 32-bit ARM based desktop computer
- Amstrad CPC home computer range
- Amstrad PCW business computer range
- Atari ST (low-res) 16-bit machine in low-resolution
- BBC Micro (mode 1) 6502 based computer popular in 80’s UK schools
- Commodore 128 128k version of popular C64
- Enterprise 128 Enterprise 128 8-bit computer
- Memotech MTX (computer from Weird Science!)
- OpenStep mono terminal font
- Osborne Osbone 1 computer from 70s
- SAM Coupé 8-bit computer from MGT
- Sinclair QL business 68k based machine
- Tasword 3 Tiny 6x3 font used in Tasword word processor
System fonts (proportional)
- Chicago 12 Mac original Chicago font at 12pt
- MC6847T1 Motorola MC6847T1 video chip
- PalmOS system font pixel-plotted from screen-shots including 8pt regular+bold & 11pt regular
- Warp Desktop desktop font from IBM’s OS/2 Warp 4
- Twiggy Early Mac prototype with ‘Twiggy’ floppy drives 12pt
- Defender of the Crown from Cinemaware’s Amiga classic
- Discworld from the crazy point ‘n click adventure
- Beneath a Steel Sky from distopian point ‘n click adventure
- Tron Legacy screen font, complete with non-monospaced mistakes