Total volume of music files on my computer:
It goes all the way up to eleven! Uh, “1,966 songs, 6.7 days, 10.48 GB” according to iTunes.
The last CD I bought was:
The last physical CD was The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy: Quandary Phase audio book. On-line I purchased, The Chemical Brothers: Singles 93-03, via iTunes.
Song playing right now:
There’s nothing playing this second, but iTunes tells me The Verve’s Bitter Sweet Symphony – Original has been getting too much playtime lately.
Five songs I listen to a lot, or that mean a lot to me:
- Bitter Sweet Symphony, The Verve, fantastic merge of old and new, relaxing…
- All the Small Things, Blink-182, I’ve had two painful ski crashes in the last two years, both times this track has been playing…
- One Second, Paradise Lost, English band doesn’t get coverage but this song pushes the moment more for me than Loose Yourself can.
- Can’t Lose You, Type O Negative, slow rhythm, deep vocals of Peter Steel and the strange sitar-sounding lead, The musical equivalent of getting drunk.
- _Princess of Dawn_, Mantronix & Tip, an old Amiga demo track from Crystal Symphonies that I recently managed to convert to MP3. Hypnotic.
Five people to whom I’m passing the musical baton:
- GrinGod, because he is always playing his stuff at work (but is off on holiday now…)
- Kezzer, because he seems to like random stuff
- Steve Streeting, he’s not got enough on his plate already ;-)
- Toaster and Baity at ToasterFiles, because they need more noise on their blog :p
Phew, done! Right, off to The Rockmount in an hour with friends, you’re welcome to join us…