It’s been long overdue but you can thank Blogger for being down for long enough to force me to move my blog to the same host as my web site.
I’ve been wanting categories, track-backs and finer control for some time. I looked at dasBlog, .Text and CommunityServer and rejected each for one reason or another before settling on SubText. It is far from perfect but it’s the best .NET blogging engine for me right now – yes I know there are some great PHP blog systems out there but I have an aversion to PHP.
You’ll find the links are currently broken because SubText strips the www. portion from URL’s but I think I’ve got a patch together that will address that tonight.
I’ll be going through the old posts and making minor textual changes and improving the context of the titles. I’ll try and resist the urge to mess with the actual content though and stick to fixing typo’s, spelling mistakes and bad formatting.
You’ll also notice that there are too many posts on the first page the author names of comments are missing. These will also be addressed “Real Soon Now”.
I’ll be putting up a new style too – got something under wraps for use across the blog and main site… although there’s a possibility the main site will end up as SubText articles. We’ll see.
I’ll also be putting up some information on how I managed to get 100+ posts out of Blogger.com and into SubText. It involves BlogML and a custom template for Blogger.
Stay tuned… and don’t forget to update your bookmarks and RSS feeds.