My templates that allow you to customize the LINQ to SQL code-generation process (normally performed by SQLMetal/LINQ to SQL classes designer) have been updated once again.
- Now licensed under the Microsoft Public License and hosted at CodePlex
- User options specified with a
var optionsblock at the start of the template
- Option for each class to be a separate file that is reflected in the VS project
- Detection and support of IsComposable functions
- General code clean-up and better error handling such as missing DBML file
CodePlex makes it easier for people to be able to see and merge updates in with their own modified versions as well as report issues via the issue tracker etc. There is also an RSS feed that lets you keep track of releases, source updates or whatever else you are interested in.
For now it is a grab-the-source style release but I hope to publish downloadable tested releases wrapped up in a Visual Studio Installer (VSI) package to make getting started easier soon. Feel free to grab the sources directly via TFS/Subversion to be able to diff them with your own modified versions.